Slavkov by Brno - Austerlitz

Slavkov u Brna is a country town east of Brno in the South Moravian Region of the Czech Republic. Population: 5,900. The town is widely known for giving its name to the Battle of Austerlitz which actually took place some kilometers to the west of the town.
Baroque Slavkov Castle (Austerlitz) has 115 rooms and an impressive garden in the French style. The Palace was designed by Italian architect Domenico Martinelli. In its historic salon, an armistice was signed between Austria and France after the battle of Austerlitz on 2 December, 1805. There is a small historic museum and a multimedia presentation about the battle.
The Peace Memorial (mohyla míru) on Prace hill. The memorial near Prace village has been designed and built by Josef Fanta during 1910–1912. The First World War postponed its inauguration until 1923. It is 26 m high, square, with four female statues symbolizing France, Austria, Russia and Moravia. Within is a chapel with an ossuary. A small museum commemorates the battle.